Shipping and Returns
It is best and most convenient to place your order through our website. You may log-in and create an account or check out as a guest.
You may also call, mail, or fax your order.
STAFF ASSISTED TELEPHONE HOURS
January through April: Office phone hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). If a staff member is not available to take your call, you may leave your order or message on our answering machine.
May through December: Office phone hours are Monday through Friday 11:00 am-3:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). During this time, our staff is frequently outside in the seed gardens, tending crops or processing seed. We answer the phone when possible, but please be prepared to leave your order on our answering machine.
Call us at (540) 872-8351
PLACING YOUR ORDER BY MAIL
Be sure to fill out your order form completely, including your contact information and payment. Click here to download an order form. Our mailing address is:
Garden Medicinals and Culinaries
PO Box 460
Mineral, VA 23117
FAXING YOUR ORDER
Fax your order at your convenience. Be sure to include your contact information, including your phone number, and credit card number for quick processing. Click here to download an order form.
Please be sure to include in your order:
- items ordered, including item numbers
- billing and shipping address
- phone number
- payment (credit card number, money order or check)
Fax your order to (540) 266-1021
VA STATE SALES TAX
There is a 5.3% state sales tax on orders shipped to Virginia addresses, unless accompanied by a signed exemption certificate.
SHIPPING AND ORDER PROCESSING CHARGES
Shipping charges are based on the size of your order. Domestic orders $30.00 or less cost $6.00 to ship. Orders totaling $30.01 or more ship for free.
Canadian Customers: Your shipping charges will be calculated at checkout. Please make payment only with a Canadian Postal Money Order payable in U.S. dollars when ordering by mail. Note that we ship only seeds to Canada. See additional information on international orders below.
Orders are shipped in the sequence they are received. For the fastest service, please order online. Orders are typically shipped within 2 to 4 business days after receipt. We will notify you if any delay is anticipated. Please be aware that orders sent by regular mail should allow for time in transit plus up to 3 to 7 additional business days for order retrieval and turnaround. If you have not received your order after 14 days, please contact us and include the date of your order, your telephone number, and let us know if your check has cleared the bank.
We almost always ship U.S. Postal Service. Unless your order is quite heavy, it will be shipped via First Class or Priority Mail. Customers with Post Office boxes: please include a street address also, as well as a daytime telephone number in case we ship by United Parcel Service (UPS).
Orders are tallied throughout the year for shipment, which begins mid September and ends late December. We ship to our northernmost customers first. A free growing guide is included with your order. Roots are shipped only within the United States. Roots and other dormant seeds are shipped only at the times specified in the catalog.
We cannot ship the following internationally:
- Bulbs, nursery stock, or any live plant material
- Books and garden supplies
- Orders with a net weight greater than 1.135 kg (2.5 pounds)
We cannot provide variety performance information for other countries
- International customers order at their own risk. We are unable to obtain insurance for shipments to most countries, nor are we are able to track shipments, or to retrieve shipments seized by customs.
- Customer compliance with import laws. It is the customer's responsibility to determine if the types of seeds ordered are in compliance with the import laws in the country of destination. In some countries different ports of entry (or different inspectors) handle shipments differently, causing seeds to be rejected in one port but accepted in another. Though lost orders are uncommon, we cannot replace orders lost in shipment or seized in customs.
- Terms may be subject to change. We reserve the right to change these terms without prior notice. We also reserve the right to limit or refuse sale to any individual, agency, or country.
We cannot ship to Nigeria, Ghana, Singapore, Gambia, or Indonesia
HIGHER-RISK COUNTRIES: The following countries currently have a higher risk of delayed or denied shipments, primarily due to customs regulations: Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Be sure you know the customs regulations before you order. If your shipment has been seized by customs you may be able to contact your customs agency and obtain part of your shipment (non-prohibited varieties) if the shipment has been seized.
Shipping and Processing
- Shipping costs will be calculated at checkout.
If you have questions about your order:
- Allow for time in transit and customs inspection. Typically, orders take 1 to 2 weeks to arrive at their destination (Canada and much of Europe); however, shipments may take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive in other countries. Be aware that orders may be delayed further by customs officials in the country of destination.
- How to contact us: The best way to contact us is by email. More importantly, we prefer to have a written record of any difficulties you may have experienced. We reply only by email.
- Required information: If you have a problem with your order, please include your full name, address, contact information, and date of your order or order number.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Your credit card will be charged at the time your order is confirmed, this includes back ordered and seasonal items that will ship later. Your credit card information is always secure, whether ordering online, by phone, mail or fax.
We want our customers to be 100% satisfied with our seeds and products. If your purchase proves dissatisfactory, we will replace the item or refund the purchase price.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ORDER?
E-mail us at at email@example.com to ask us questions, check on your order or to just share information or photos. We answer our e-mail Monday through Friday 9:00AM- 5:00PM. Often, this is the fastest way to reach us.